Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Plateau lala

I skipped out on the training rides this weekend, I needed some quality me time off my bike, well at least from long distance biking.

Went out for a chilled ride out to Ashbridge's Bay and along Tommy Thomson Park on Friday. Probably a good 30km ride. I need to fix my odometre, or rather I need to remember to put my wheel back on the right way next time I change a flat :-)

I'm feeling somewhat demotivated about activity right now. A bit fatigued. I started reading Thrive Diet and trying to incorporate some of Brendan Brazier's ideas about eating raw foods. I tried it out for a few days. I think it's something I can definitely incorporate into my routine but I don't think I can go 100% raw. All that hemp stuff is brutally expensive. There's some great smoothie recipes in there, salad ideas and other stuff. I just can't justify buying 900g of hemp protein for $32 to make power bars though.

For now I'll stick with my Cherry Pie Larabars. They're a bit more reasonable and I know they taste good. Most power bars out there are so filled with crap: processed stuff, sugars, corn syrup, etc.

I'm blogging out of procrastination today, primarily. I need some motivation. Sigh.
__________________________________________________________

Wow! Hardcore conditioning is the way to go! I feel energized, revitalized. But still fatigued :-)
The donations are still coming in though which is awesome. It motivates me to train. I was starting to worry that I might not get to my goal (I need to collect $2000 by June 30th or I can't go on the Bike Rally). I remain optimistic.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey you, just came across this while upating my own site... I made the apple cinnamon bars from that book this week and they turned out soo good. And I agree, the hemp is expensive and I couldn't even find hemp flour, just hemp protein. But what I did was substitute for a mix of buckwheat flour and soy protein powder, which is incredibly cheap in bulk at health food stores. Then, anything that calls for hemp protein powder, substitute for soy protein powder instead of the mix. I wasn't satisfied with the ending texture, so I ended up baking them for a while but I did them at a very low temperature (90deg) in the toaster oven, so they're still considered raw (under 115deg is raw). I suggest trying! Don't be put off by crazy expensive hemp.