Saturday, May 12, 2007

5th Training Ride: Rouge Valley (49km + 11km)

Today's ride was scenic and beautiful once you get out of Scarborough suburbia.

There's this beautiful spot along Port Union Rd where you're biking alongside Lake Ontario. Then there's this spectacular spot near the end of it where the Lake looks really beautiful. I'd love to go back when I have time and check that spot out some more.

I had pretty good cadence throughout the ride today and I've really improved since the first training ride (in 5 weeks I've gone up 4.7kms faster on average!) The hills only slowed me down ever so slightly. It was a bit chilly today but all in all enjoyable. Had a great lunch at my favourite cafe and had a bit of a nap. Probably go out for another ride again tomorrow. I need to find a happy medium with the sun so it doesn't wear me out.

PS Going down the hill on Military Trail where it turns off was the highlight of the ride (besides the aforementioned Port Union spot)



Rouge Valley Ride = 49km @ 2h30mins
Avg Speed= 21.7km/hr
Getting to Lunch = 11km
TOTAL RIDE = 60km
MAP:

No comments: