Sunday, May 6, 2007

4th Training Ride: Meadowvale Village (46km + 34km)

80km yesterday! Oy my hips, my neck.... I'm not sure if I'm sore this morning from sleeping so long (bedtime = 4pm, wake-up = 6:30am - no that was not a typo). You know that laying in bed too long ache you get sometimes, especially for women and their hips. Well whatever it is, I'm off for a long yoga session after I post this.

About the ride. A friend of mine came along which always makes it more fun. Plus I probably wouldn't have pushed myself to bike home after. The ride itself was relatively flat and easy except for that big hill towards the end when you get to suburbia. Most of the time delay stemmed from hitting traffic lights that took forever to change.

We took a short break at this beautiful creek called Etobicoke Creek I believe. I took some photos which I intend to post (I swear they are not phantom photos or figments of my imagination). It was mostly a very uninspired suburban route, the main intent of which was just to get some distance in this week.

During the return ride back to the station, the wind was not in our favour which also slowed us down. I should have conserved some of my quad power somewhat more. I definitely know that one of my problems is pacing myself. I have this habit of wanting to boost all the time. There are 12 more weeks for me to learn these things :-)

The ride along the lakeshore after was quite slow but I always enjoy the scenary down there and cruising suits me just fine. It was good for just spinning my legs out after the Meadowvale ride as well. A beautiful day, very windy though and slightly chilly by the water.

I have discovered a great breakfast that burns off nice and slow over the ride: peanut butter (natural stuff of course) and bagels. Beautiful combo! Oh and green grapes dipped in peanut butter make a nice post-ride snack too!

Meadowvale Ride = 46km @ 2h10mins
Avg Speed= 21.3km/hr
Lakeshore Ride = 34km
TOTAL RIDE = 80km

No comments: