Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Cycle Therapy are Rock Stars

I'm in a rush but I just wanted to rave and gush about the guys at Cycle Therapy: they are total stars!

Today I went in for a full hour's free bike fit (because I'm doing the Bike Rally) during which Mike (part owner) gave me some very practical advice, including many things I had never thought of as an inexperienced rider. As a result of him giving me a shorter stem, adjusting the height of my bike and suggesting shorter handlebars for my smaller shoulder frame, not only has my cadence improved but my wrists are not really sore anymore.

Not only are they offering all of us newbie biker's free bike fits, but apparently for the past 3 years, they've shut down their entire shop during the week of the Bike Rally to come on the ride and lend a hand with mechanical stuff. How awesome is that?!

I just wanted to take some time out to hype up their shop which is very funky. They have a great attitude about biking, very chilled and no pressure. You can find them at 1114 Queen Street East (2 blocks East of Pape, North Side) http://www.cycletherapy.ca/

Now, back on Betty for some more urban adventures this afternoon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww, you're makin' me blush. ;)

Thanks very much for the kind words - I'm glad I could help out. If anyone else is looking for fitting help before the rally, you can sign up for a fitting session at www.bikerally.org (in the "seminars" section).