Thursday, May 10, 2007

To Oakville and Beyond (96km)

Because I'm crazy, I decided to bike out to Oakville yesterday to visit a friend. It's about a 46km ride. A pretty easy ride with mostly flat streets, some hills. Nice lakeshore views along the way. You get to see some cute little towns: Mimico and Port Credit. I felt great when I arrived in Oakville, although a little chilly. It seems the pollution warms downtown up a lot more than it does in the outlying areas. A skirt, probably not the best choice.

And then because I wanted to really push myself (and I'm really crazy), I decided to bike home after that long day for fun. Another 50kms. I took my time about it, chilled out in Port Credit and Humber Bay Park. I realized something about biking yesterday, I'm addicted to it, like some people are addicted to crack! It's just an incredible freeing experience being able to go wherever you want, getting lost in a Mississauga marsh, whatever. It's the way I used to feel about road trips when I was younger. But this is so much better!

I think I'm ready for Montreal.

No comments: