Friday, May 25, 2007

Toronto-Guelph-Oakville

I've taken a few days to recooperate and I'm ready to post again.

Earlier this week, I biked from Toronto to Milton and on to Guelph where I stayed overnight. Then I biked back the next day. I tried to meet someone in Oakville on the way back but grossly overestimated how far Oakville was from Guelph and wound up taking the train back from Oakville.

My computer conked out on the ride back to Toronto as well so I'm estimating the return trip based on map distances.

It's a beautiful ride that I highly recommend for those who are inclined. The hills between Milton and Guelph are just beautiful and I stopped to take it in many times on the way. This is definitely a difficult ride. Up one hill and down the next and then back at it again. I wanted to try a back-to-back 100km ride to boost my confidence for Montreal. I will definitely do more of those trips before the summer is out.

AVG: 22km/hr
KMS: 185kms (roundtrip)

2 comments:

Sumayyah said...

Wow, I am really impressed with your biking speed and distances. You go girl!!

Rasslin' Cowgirl said...

thanks :-)