Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Life is a Stage?

I've started volunteering at a theatre to get back into the performance mode. It's been almost 11 years since I've really been on the stage as a performer. I don't count MCing or making speeches. I mean completely transforming and being someone else for a period of time. There is something about transforming into a character that just makes me feel alive. I can't explain it, I guess it's why many people take drugs, drink, etc. That high of holding an audience's attention and being able to make them laugh or cry through your manipulation of words or movements is an incredible superpower.

Being back around performers and being able to sit in on shows has been inspiring. They have an open stage night once a month so we'll see if I have the courage to get up there and perform again.

No comments: