Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Boot Camp: For Real

Besides these long weekend rides, of course there's a lot of day to day training. Especially targetting my abs which are particularly weak from years of laziness. Yesterday was 1 hour spinning class + 1 hour of Amanda's particularly grueling Boot Camp. Since only 3 of us showed up, it was a much more individual boot camp. My abs are still burning today. I tried doing sit-ups and I got to 5 before I had to stop. She is brutal and that is excellent for getting me in shape.

I'm not a fan of the monotony of the gym so having classes with people to threaten to kick my butt really helps motivate me. I can't believe I actually managed to get in 3 sets of decent push-ups yesterday (the real ones) which have always been my weak point. That class has really improved my overall fitness over the past 4 months. For any of you out there training to do the Rally, or just yourself, I really recommend you get hooked up with a great boot camp class. Also spinning has really improved my overall cadence and particularly my ability to stand on a bike and get up hills.

I'm excited for the Saturday training ride and to try out my new gadget (speedometer thingy) to test how fast I really go. Also might have a few guests with me which should be fun :-) brew-haha! I promise to get some pics on Saturday's ride and post them here soon. This page has way too many words and not enough visuals. It's on it's way though....

No comments: