Sunday, April 22, 2007

2nd Training Ride: Kipling - Port Credit (39km + 28km more)

Yesterday was the 2nd training ride and so I got to try out my new road tires (sweet!) and my new computer odomoter gadget thingy (because I am so very technical :-)

It was an unbelieveably beautiful day, about 23 degrees. Even at 9am, I only had arm warmers on as a layer, another fun bike accessory that I am in love with! I really recommend them. For $20 you have super warmth when you need it without crowding a lot of clothing in your pit area. When you are done, they roll up really small into your tiny bike bag. No bulky jackets to schlep around.

I felt somewhat less intimidated at the training ride yesterday. I figured that if I could make it up that McNicol hill last week coupled with the fact that my new tires had me flying through downtown Toronto streets all last week, I would easily complete this ride. I was not too far off.

STATS: AVG Speed: 23 km hour MAX Speed: 53.8 km hour

The ride was relatively flat. There were a couple of long hills including that twisty mountain road type climb through the end of Mississauga Road. The road tires really allowed me to push myself that much more. I was riding on my own a lot of the way and really enjoyed being able to work at my own pace. I snapped some pics of this beautiful ravine we passed over, somewhere near Port Credit I believe. I will post those pics + more very soon.

After the ride, we hit this great diner for some massive nourishment. There was a nutrition seminar and then myself and a fellow biker headed off for the Lakeshore Trail. We headed out from Spadina & Queens Quay all the way to Etobicoke and back. Needless to say, I passed out last night. I may have also been suffering from heat stroke (believe it or not) but my very slight tan today makes it worth it, right....

TOTAL KMS biked: 67kms (includes inner city biking + lakeshore trail)

I am seriously getting my training on!

No comments: