Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Finch-Aurora-Don Trail (90km)

I'm going through Bloggers Block so here's the quick and dirty on this ride:

I did this ride in reverse heading up through Keele first. Langstaff had construction on it so I ended up heading through the nasty cookie cutter-ville up there. It's unbelievably hot in places where they've removed all the trees to make room for 'MapleLeaf Drive'. Huh? It's very sad to see what's happening with York Region farmland. Suburban sprawl. Eek!

Keele Street has lots of steep hills especially from 15th to 17th Sideroad. The hill up to 17th is by far the hardest. I got to ride behind a smelly garbage truck. Hurray for me.


Bonus: Wicked trees on Leslie to keep you shaded
The falcon on Leslie that pushed me up a hill
B&R ice cream
Took it real slow, lots of snacking along the way

AVG Speed: 21.1km
MAX Speed: 52.2km
TIME: 4hrs16mins
TEMP: Really freakin' hot!

No comments: